- WHAT’S INCLUDED
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
Become a barista for a day on this third-wave coffee tour. Roast, pull and taste your way through the city while learning about single-origin beans. Explore the history of coffee around the world and in Montreal with an expert guide. Visit cafés to taste and learn about different ways of brewing everything from cappuccino to cold brew. Visit a micro-roastery for a mini roasting class. And enjoy snacks, crudités and pastries to accompany your tastings.
Your tour begins at Café Replika where you’ll meet your guide. After listening to an overview of the rich history of coffee in Montreal, you’ll taste Turkish coffee and learn about the Arab and Muslims origins of the drink. Then it's off to a café where cold brew comes mixed with anything from tonic water to lemonade. There, you'll dive into the first, second, third and fourth waves of coffee, exploring different types of beans, terroir and eco-friendly farming methods.
Next, you'll lounge over an espresso martini and snacks before heading to a demo of how to pull the perfect espresso shot with a pro. To end, you'll take a mini-course in coffee bean roasting, cupping and identifying coffee profiles by taste and smell.
You’ll leave the tour full of knowledge (and caffeine!) with a new appreciation for coffee as well as for Montreal’s Mile End, Little Italy and Plateau neighbourhoods.
Your LifeExperience package includes:
- Stops at five coffee shops including a micro-roastery using ethically sourced, small-batch beans
- A hands-on roasting class
- A barista demo
- A professional guide
- Sweet and savoury snacks
- Lots of high-quality coffee, including espresso, Turkish coffee, cold brew, and an espresso martini
- A professional coffee tasting to learn to identify unique coffee profiles through cupping
Easy as 1-2-3:
- After receiving your certificate, please call the experience provider to book your reservation.
- Identify that you are booking a LifeExperiences package and quote the number on your certificate.
- Be sure to bring the certificate with you. It is your method of payment.
Terms & Conditions
- Minimum age to take the tour is 12
- 48-hour advance reservation required by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 514-812-2003
- No refunds
- Must present certificate upon arrival
- Subject to availability.
- Policies subject to change without notice
- This gift certificate is only redeemable for the outlined products/services as defined in the package.
- May not be redeemed for cash.
- This certificate has no implied warranties.
- One time use only. This gift certificate cannot carry a balance.
- LifeExperiences.ca shall not be responsible for any injury, accident, loss, misfortune or damage of any kind (to property or person) relating to any aspect of the above services.